Saturday, July 14, 2012

Where Bloggers Create

Welcome to Where Bloggers Create.  This is my first year and I am so excited to see everyone's spaces.  I enjoyed it so much last year that when I was done looking at everyone's spaces, I looked at them again.  I have always had a fascination with other's homes and how they decorate and store things. 

Well I have many interests.  My first love of course is drawing.  I love to draw in pencil.  There is something about a pencil drawing that I absolutely love.  I have some samples on my blog here.  I still have more to put up but I have just started blogging and am working on it and I am still learning all about the tools that blogger.com has.  I also do cross stitch, plastic canvas stitching, painting and sewing, among many other interests. 

Well, here is the entrance to my abode.  As you can see I am a HUGE Andy Griffth fan and I watch the show all the time.  I still laugh even though I have seen them many, many times over.  I was greatly saddened when Andry Griffith passed away last week. 


Below is the view from the doorway.  If you look closely you can see one of my cats, Ben on the back of my chair and Jake our pomeraian on the floor.  The nice thing about working at home is having your fur babies with you.  I use this room for paying bills, doing my transcription/editing, sewing, writing and any other kind of crafts I do. 


Here is a close up of Ben in his favorite spot.  He looks like a rug, doesn't he?  Yes, he does stay there when I am sitting in the chair.  Sometimes he gets so relaxed that he will fall onto me.  LOL!

These are my pencil drawers.  This is where I keep my colored pencils and drawing pencils (well some of them, I have many).  This is just below my computer monitor. 


You never know where Ben will pop up.  He does keep me entertained. 


This is the shelf next to my computer where I keep my models.  As you can see I have a dog and a cat model and the one that the cow is sitting on is a lizard.  The little man who has his nose hanging off the shelf was made by my mom (from whom my love of crafting comes from) back in 1981. 


This is the other side of my room.  This is where I keep my medical books (on the top shelf) and various craft books on the bottom shelf and the box on the top is where I keep some of my fabric. The dresser has fabric and plastic canvas and assorted other crafts.   The plastic drawers next to the shelves are where I keep my stamps. 


Here is the rest of the other side of the room, as you can see more craft and art books.  Can you tell I LOVE books?  The boxes on top have pictures and sketch books in them.  Then there's Ben again with his eyes shining like headlights. 

Here is another one of our cats, Isabelle (Belle for short).  She is sitting next to a pot that I painted. 


This is a cross stitch project I am working on and of course Ben has to get in the middle.  LOL!  The plastic drawers to the right there are also where I keep some of my drawing supplies and other odds n' ends. 


This is an empty computer monitor case.  I saw an idea on Pinterest about taking out the tube to an old monitor and making a cat bed out of it.  Well, I had this monitor sitting around that I was going to throw away and I had my husband take it apart.  Well, so far no tennants.  Nobody wants to sit in it.  Oh well, I tried. 


More animals....


You could say this dog, Dixie, is my office dog.  This is her spot below my desk at my feet. 


The ladies room is not the only place where there is a line for the bathroom...

Here is a sample of my plastic canvas work.  I made these napkin rings for my niece for Christmas last year (although I did not get them done until her birthday in January).

Well, I hope you enjoyed my little tour.  As you can see animals are HUGE part of my life.  Like I said in my profile, all but 1 dog, 2 cats and 2 birds are rescues.  I am still working on getting the rest of the pictures of our fur babies up on this blog and more samples of my work.  Please come back and visit often and don't forget to visit all the other spaces that everyone has up.   

 

17 comments:

  1. Great space! Love all your assistants too ;)
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting. I'm getting ready to start visiting everyone now so I'll be checking out your space.

      Thanks, Donna

      Delete
  2. Cute space--especially with all the animal "decorations"! Your drawings are lovely. I started drawing animals as a kid because of my love for them. Somewhere along the way I stopped doing my fine art and I so regret it. But now I have a studio and no more excuses! I so enjoy meeting people who love art AND animals (I have 6 dogs,1 cat, 4 birds & 14 chickens--all rescues). I enjoyed the tour and am a new follower. Love to have you come visit!

    Chrislyn
    spiritdogstudios.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting. Sounds like you are a girl after my own heart with all the animals. They make life wonderful!

      Getting ready to check out everyone's spaces so I'll be checking yours out.

      Thanks, Donna

      Delete
  3. Oh Donna! I love that your are an animal lover too. I have three cats, a dog, two birds and two aquariums... and many wildlife friends I feed in our backyard. ;)

    Your place is awesome, I LOL'd at Ben... he lays on the chair like my Tawnee (a Ragdoll).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting. Ben is quite a character. My animals are such fun to live with. I'll be checking out your space. I just love peeking at everyone's rooms.

      Thanks, Donna

      Delete
  4. I love your pencil storage. And what a great place for them...near by!! I did not know that there were so many models available. I've a man and woman couple and I've seen a horse model that was really large and really fantastic in an art supply store, and of course hands models. But yours are great. Love your animals. What a wonderful post. *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creative space girlfriend and of course, love your critters and your beautiful artwork.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you are an animal lover!! SO, am I !! I have 3 poodles, 1 pug, and 2 sugar gliders. I was very surprised to see my button on your blog!! That was a nice treat :):) Thanks for sharing your space. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first year to participate too! You have a wonderful nook there...with lots of friends...to work and be inspired. Thank you for sharing. ; ) ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. You might need a bigger room to create with all of your helpers! Love how the kitty just lays on top of your chair!
    Nice room to create in with lots of inspiration from your animals.
    Thanks for visiting me.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pencil drawers...and all the art dolls...didn't know they made those in animal shapes...but you learn something new every day!

    thanks for sharing your space...I love gathering inspiration too...hope you'll stop by sometime to see my studio.

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many cute animals in your workspace - alive and stuffed lol!I especially love the kitty on top of your chair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've managed to make a multi-functional room look so pretty and full of inspiration, Donna! Nice to have some company while your creating, too, even if they do lay around! : ) Thanks for sharing your space.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your space is great and I love all your fur babies! I will be back to see more of your creations!

    Take care,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well there is certainly no shortage of fur-baby love in your house is there??? LOL! Thank you so much for joining the party and giving us a glimpse of where you create your lovely drawings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed seeing your room, but really enjoyed the furbabies the best! I have two cats myself (both rescues) and I love animals in general. I would love to see some of your drawings. I hope you will post some here.


    Thank you for the tour!

    ReplyDelete